Turnitin Feedback Studio, or simply Turnitin, is a tool that can be used within your Canvas courses to provide formative feedback for your students and also check originality within assignment submissions. Turnitin Feedback Studio in Canvas is the replacement for SafeAssign, which was formerly used in Blackboard.
Note: Turnitin cannot be used with Group assignments, the feature is currently not available. But there will be an update soon that will enable this functionality.
Turnitin Feedback Studio for Instructors
How do I create a Turnitin assignment in Canvas?
The Turnitin originality tool is integrated with the Canvas LMS. The Turnitin tool can be used to create assignments that will provide integrity-checking and actionable feedback for students.
Turnitin is an External Tool within Canvas LMS and can be utilized when a new Turnitin assignment has been created.
- Login to your Canvas course.
- Navigate to the assignment content area.
- Create a new assignment (+Assignment)
- Edit the assignment details, point value, assignment group and submission type.
- Under External Tool Options, click inside the External Tool URL text box and select Turnitin from the Configure External Tool menu.
- Modify the Assignment Options as needed.
- Choose Submit
- Save and Publish the assignment.
This video will explain how to create a Turnitin assignment within your Canvas course.
How do I create a Turnitin Direct Submit assignment?
Instructors that would like to use Turnitin Feedback Studio, separate from their Canvas course, will need to create a Turnitin Instructor Account through the Turnitin web portal. Please submit a request to obtain the Turnitin Instructor Account information from Tulane’s Help Desk: support.tulane.edu or by email at email@example.com.
Turnitin Guides – click a link below to view the related guide
- Turnitin Feedback Studio – An Instructor Perspective
- Create a Turnitin Assignment
- Manage a Turnitin Assignment
- Turnitin Best Practices and Tips
- Submit a Turnitin Assignment
- Manage Turnitin Rubrics
- Manage Turnitin QuickMarks
- GradeMark – MarkUp and Score a Student Paper
- Interpret a Turnitin Originality Report
- Turnitin Quick Submit for Instructors