Work Anywhere | Get Connected
Tulane wants to ensure that every staff member has ample resources for getting connected to their Tulane accounts and logins as well as be there to trouble shoot any of your technology problems. Below are some guides and links to get connected to both Tulane IT and Tulane HR needs.
Accessing Your Office Phone
Clearspan Mobile: An application available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. When running the application, both your office phone and your mobile device will ring simultaneously. Calls can be answered by either phone. When dialing out from your mobile device, your office phone number will appear on the recipients Caller ID. .
Clearspan Anywhere: When someone dials your office number, both your desk phone and cellphone will ring simultaneously. You may answer on either phone. To place an outbound call, you must first dial 504 – 988 – 9399. You will be prompted for your voicemail passcode. Next you will be prompted to dial the number you’d like to call, followed by a dial tone. When the call is placed, the recipient will see your office number on their caller ID.
LinkedIn Learning is an online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos. All Tulane faculty and staff have access to this service. Select the link below to activate your account and get started.
Access Tulane’s own learning library full of live remote trainings. View the learning calendar and register for any trainings you may need for your professional development.
Connectivity for Staff Who Need Internet
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
Questions, Concerns, Suggestions
For questions, concerns, or suggestions about this guide, email the team at email@example.com.