If you are looking for a way to add an important link to your Canvas course menu, then the Redirect Tool can be used. The Redirect Tool app settings are decided by you and the link can point to an external URL, an internal Canvas page, resource or activity. The link can open in Canvas or in a new tab. The Redirect Tool app already exists in all Tulane course sites and you can configure multiple apps.
Adding the Redirect Tool
- Select Settings on the course menu.
- Select the Apps tab.
- On the Apps page, click the Redirect Tool icon (or input Redirect Tool in the search filter).
- On the External Tools > Redirect Tool page click +Add App
- Input your settings in the Add App window.
- Name – this is the title of your link in the course menu
- URL Redirect – the internal or external url.
- choose whether the link should open in a new window (recommended for external websites).
- Select Show in Course Navigation.
- Click Add App.
- Return to your course Homepage > Course Menu and select your new Redirect Tool menu item to confirm the link is opening to the correct source.