My instructor has set up an exam in my Canvas course and the exam requires Respondus LockDown Browser. What do I need to take an exam using LockDown Browser?
Before you take the exam:
- Download and Install LockDown Browser
- Students should plan to install LockDown browser before the day of the exam/assessment.
- The amount of time required to install Respondus LockDown browser is typically 5-10 minutes.
- Respondus LockDown browser cannot be used on mobile devices or tablets.
When you are ready to take the exam:
- Open LockDown Browser on your computer.
- In the address bar enter: http://tulane.edu/mytulane > click the Respondus LockDown Browser login
- Registered Tulane students choose the Tulane Users login option.
- All other users choose the Tulane Affiliates login option.
- Login to your Canvas course and Locate the assessment.
- Open the assessment and follow the instructions on the screen to begin.
- If the instructor is using Respondus Monitor, in addition to LockDown Browser, you may be prompted to set up your webcam to collect information about your testing environment.
- Begin your online assessment.
- Click Submit when you have finished the assessment.
- Exit LockDown Browser.
How do I test my install to make sure it’s working properly?
If you have installed LockDown browser and would like to test your setup before your actual exam, then you can self-enroll in the Respondus test course to verify.
Self-Enroll in the Respondus Test My Setup Course
- Open your regular internet browser and Login to Canvas.
- Select Courses from the Canvas menu > then select All Courses from the list.
- Click the Browse More Courses button to search for a Canvas course.
- Type Respondus in the search box and click Search.
- The Respondus LockDown Browser course tile should display.
- Click the Join this Course button from the Respondus course tile and enroll in the course.
- Go to your Canvas Dashboard to make sure you are enrolled in the Respondus course.
- Close out of your normal internet browser.
Take the Practice Exam
- Open LockDown browser and Login to Canvas.
- Select the Respondus course from your Dashboard. Remember, you need to self-enroll in this course to see it on your Dashboard.
- Click the link to begin the sample assessment.
- Submit the assessment and exit the course.
- If you were able to access and submit the sample assessment, then you have installed Respondus correctly.
Student Quick Start Guide PDF [View/Download]