Canvas has a set of default notification preferences you can receive for your courses. Notifications are sent to the contact methods you have specified in your account. Each user can change the default settings by editing the notification preferences. These preferences are unique to you; they are not used to control how course updates are sent to other users.
In order to receive a copy of the announcements and messages you have sent to students in Canvas, you will need to edit your notification settings.
- Login to Canvas > select Account from the green menu on the left
- In the Account tab > select Notifications from the list
- In the Notifications settings > look at the options in the Course Activities column
- In the Course Activities column > locate Announcement Created by You
- In the Announcement Created by You row > click the Notify Me Right Away button (looks like a check mark)
- In the Course Activities column > locate Conversations Created by Me
- In the Conversations Created by Me row > click the Notify Me Right Away button (looks like a check mark)
- Note: There are four selections available: Notify Me Right Away, Daily Summary, Weekly Summary and Don’t Send Me Anything. You can modify the notification settings at any time and they apply to your account only. Students are able to edit their own notification preferences.
Learn more about each notification, default settings, and notification triggers [View/Download PDF].