If there are tests, quizzes or question banks that you would like to import from your Blackboard course into your Canvas course, this can be done using the Export/Import steps listed below.[View/Download PDF]
Step 1 – Export from Blackboard
- In Blackboard, expand Course Tools in the Control Panel to locate Tests, Surveys, and Pools, shown at the right, bottom of list.
- Next, choose Tests and hover the cursor over the test you want to download until the dropdown arrow appears.
- Click that item and choose Export to Local Computer.
- Save the .zip file to your computer.
Step 2 – Import to Canvas
- Login to Canvas and navigate to the course where you need to import the test questions.
- From the left hand menu, choose Settings and then choose the Import Content into this Course button on the right.
- In the Import Content box, choose the drop down menu, and then choose QTI .zip file as the file format. Browse and Import the Source from your computer.
- Note: If you want to create a question bank, you can do that when the next screen opens. Creating a test bank is optional. Leave that field blank if all you want to do is create complete tests.