This page is intended to help students who are in a course that uses Canvas LMS.
The Canvas Help guide is most often referred to in the links contained here. If you need additional assistance, click the Help (?) icon
link inside Canvas. This Help icon will direct you to all available help channels.
Log in to Canvas
Watch this Canvas Overview for Students to learn more about the Canvas user interface.
Canvas Video Tour
To learn more about Canvas, you can also watch the complete Canvas Video Tour series or view specific topics below.
Get Email and Texts from Canvas
Set your preferences to get notifications of assignment due dates and other course announcements on email or text message.
These links refer to a list of information relating to a particular topic.
- Course Navigation and Settings
- Assignment Submission Confirmation
- Discussion Forums
- Calendar View and Settings
All Canvas Topics
Online Reference Guides
Why isn't my class listed in the Dashboard?
After you have logged into Canvas, the Dashboard displays the courses in which you are enrolled. If you have registered for a class and do not see it listed in your Canvas dashboard, there may be a couple of reasons.
- Check with your professor. Make sure the course is published. If the course is not published, you will not see it in your Canvas Dashboard. Also, if the start date for the course hasn’t arrived, you may see the course but not be able to enter the course.
- Check your schedule. When you register for your course, there is a slight delay from the time you register to the time the course appears in your Canvas Dashboard.
- If you have registered for the course AND have waited at least 24 hours after registration AND checked with the professor on the status of the course, please create a support ticket to resolve your issue.
Just can’t find what you are looking for? We are here to help. Please visit support.tulane.edu to chat real-time with a Tulane support agent or input a support request with your details. You can also phone 504-862-8888.