Different training formats will be offered to help faculty get acclimated to the Canvas LMS.
Hands-On Training with Small Groups
Small group training sessions are being offered for those interested in a hands-on approach to learning the nuances of Canvas. Training sessions are conducted in a computer lab, so you’re able to work with your course materials. Remember to save your files to Box for easy access or bring a flash drive to easily access your syllabus and course materials that you want to implement within your course.
In-Focus Topic Specific Workshops
The In-Focus workshops will address specific topics and functions of Canvas and will provide a more in-depth explanation of specific tasks or tools, as well suggestions for best practices. Depending on the content presented, these workshops will run between one and two hours. The format of the In-Focus workshops is different than the Hands-On trainings, they are more demonstration oriented and do not require the participant to work within Canvas while attending.
Register for Training
Register for scheduled Hands-On training and In-Focus workshops. More dates will be added in the future.
To request specific training for an individual or group at Tulane, please complete a training request through the Support Portal.
- Go to Technology Services Support Portal.
- You should see the support portal. Login with your Tulane credentials.
- Locate the Order Things section and select Instructional Technologies.
- Select Instructional Technology consultation.
- Input your request details and click Submit.
Self-Paced Online Instructor Training
The self-paced, online instructor training is available and will be delivered in Canvas. The content covered in the online format is the same as the content covered in the Hands-On sessions. If you are unable to attend a Hands-On training session, or if you would like to work at your own pace, the online format may be an option for you. To access the training, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Canvas Faculty Tour.
- You should see the login page. Login with your Tulane credentials.
- If you have never logged in before, accept the terms of service and continue.
- Click the button to “Join” or “Enroll” in the course.
- You are now logged in to Canvas and should see the course “Canvas Faculty Tour” on your dashboard.
If you have any problems accessing the online training, please contact the Faculty Technology Team at email@example.com.