This guide will introduce the steps required to embed YouTube videos into Blackboard.
- Login to your Blackboard course.
- Navigate to the Content Area where the YouTube video will be located.
- Select Build Content from the menu and choose Item from the list of options.
- In the Item Name field, type a name to reference your video.
- Navigate to the Text field box and choose the HTML button.
- Expand/collapse the text toolbar from the arrows at the right of the text box if you cannot see the HTML button
- In a separate browser window, copy the embed code from YouTube (Share > Embed > copy embed code)
- In the Blackboard HTML window, paste the embed code for your video and click Update.
- The video window is embedded in the text field.
- Modify any additional settings and click Submit when you are ready to apply the changes.
- Your video is now embedded as an Item in your course.