In Blackboard, you can download assignment submissions to review offline instead of reviewing them online in the Grade Center. Choose to download all or only selected submissions as a single zipped file. Unzip the file to view the contents, where each submission is saved as a separate file.
- In the Grade Center, locate the column for the assignment you want to download.
- Click the assignment column’s action link to access the contextual menu.
- Select Assignment File Download.
- On the Download Assignment page, select the student submissions to download, or select the check box in the header bar to choose all available submissions.
- Click Submit.
- On the next Download Assignment page, click the Download assignments now link.
- In the pop-up window, select Save File and click OK.
- Browse to the location where you want to download the file, and then click Save.
- To return to the Grade Center, click OK on the Download Assignment page.
When using the Assignment File Download function, Usernames are included automatically in the file names for easy identification. However, files downloaded one by one from the Grade Assignment page will not include the usernames. To avoid confusion, Instructors should specify that Students use a detailed file name that includes their last name or Username when submitting assignments.
If a Student has added an attachment, the downloaded zipped file may contain two files for each student: the attached file as well as a file produced by the Grade Center that contains information about the submission and any information that the Student provided in the Text Editor or Comment areas of the assignment. Both files will have the Student’s Username included in the file name for easy identification.