With announcements, you can post timely information critical to course success. You can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. This is an ideal place to post time-sensitive material including:
- When assignments are due
- Changes to the syllabus
- Corrections/clarifications of materials
- Exam schedules
When you add an announcement, you can also send the announcement as an email to students in your course. This ensures that students receive the announcement even if they do not log in to your course. If you include links to course content, the email will not include links to that content.
Announcements appear in the order posted, with the most recent announcements appearing first.
- On the Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section, and select Announcements.
- On the Announcements page, click Create Announcement on the action bar.
- On the Create Announcement page, type a Subject. This becomes the title of the announcement on theAnnouncements page. In the Message box, you can use the content editor functions to format the text and include files, images, external links, multimedia, and mashups. Any files uploaded from your computer are saved in Course Files or the Content Collection in the top-level folder.
- In the Web Announcements Options section, select:Not Date Restricted to keep the announcement visible until you remove it.-OR-Date Restricted to limit the announcement’s visibility by date and time.
- For Select Date Restrictions, you can set announcements to display on a specific date and time and to stop displaying on a specific date and time. Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Type dates and times in the boxes or use the pop-up Date Selection Calendar and Time Selection Menu to select dates and times.
- Select the Email Announcement check box to send students an email containing the announcement. The email is sent to all students, even those who choose not to receive announcement notifications through email. Your school determines if this option is available.
- Optionally, in the Course Link section, click Browse to link to a course area, tool, or item.
- Click Submit.
Announcements appear directly below the repositionable bar. Reorder by dragging the bar or announcements to new positions. Move priority announcements above the repositionable bar to pin them to the top of the list and prevent new announcements from superseding them. The order shown is the order presented to students. Students do not see the bar and cannot reorder announcements.